Firmware is essential for your Cricut Autopress to operate properly. Cricut Autopress firmware is automatically checked and updated during the activation process. If a firmware update is needed after that activation is complete, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to cricut.com/setup on a Windows or Mac computer.
- Select Heat Press > Cricut Autopress.
- If you already have Design Space for Desktop installed, select Open App. If you don’t have it installed, select Download now.
- Sign in with your Cricut ID and password (the same one you used during activation is recommended). If prompted, select Heat Press > Cricut Autopress again.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to ensure Control Pod is connected to your computer via USB cable. Click Continue.
- When Control Pod is up to date, follow the on-screen prompts to disconnect pod from computer, and connect it to Cricut Autopress.
- Disengage the transit lock, then power the press on. The Control Pod will automatically check the Cricut Autopress firmware and update it. Update progress will appear on the Control Pod display.
- When the update reaches 100%, the Cricut Autopress fan will turn on, the pod display will revert to the last used time and temperature settings, and the press will start to heat up.