This Design Space for Desktop release (v7.5) contains the following features and fixes.
Load Type Default
Now you can set a Load Type and size default for your machine! If you cut mainly with Card Mat on Cricut Joy, or only cut Smart Materials with your Cricut Explore 3 or Cricut Maker 3, choose the relevant default in Design Space Settings, and you can bypass the Load Type dialog that normally appears when you select Make It.
Selecting Remember this Selection on the Load Type modal will also set that load type as the default in Design Space settings.
Note: If, after selecting a default, you need to use a different load type temporarily, simply select the Load Type you need from the Mat Preview screen.
Text improvements: Resize Text Box & Text Wrapping
New bounding box handles allow you to resize your textbox without changing the size of your font. Text will now wrap automatically when you resize the box, eliminating the need for hard returns!
Improvements to Automatic Background Remover
Three improvements to Automatic Background Remover are included in this release:
- Persistent edge-to-edge erasing - eraser continues to erase when you return to the image even after going off the edge when erasing.
- .HEIC files can now be uploaded.
- Brush size can now be reduced to 1 pixel (px) for Erase and Restore functionality.
Previously, when the eraser was carried off the edge of the image, you had to left-click again to re-engage the eraser; .HEIC files were not capable of upload, and the minimum brush size was 5px.
You may also notice...
Image upload screen layout adjusted to include Cricut Access reminder.
New Product Setup for Cutting Machines – Activation first
Setup for cutting machines will now activate the machine first before checking and attempting firmware update.
- Project Sharing - Facebook shares don’t point to design.cricut.com
- Mat Hover Preview Not Showing
- Search results not refreshing when new machine type is selected
- Edited Uploaded pattern fill is zooming in after adjustments
- Object going out of the boundary lines in Mat preview after hiding the object and changing from Card Mat/On Mat to Without Mat
- Load button not blinking on machine if we pause and unload on Air2/Maker