This Design Space for Desktop release (v7.11) contains the following features and fixes.
Note: To help us ensure that everything goes smoothly, text improvements will roll out at a slightly slower pace than v7.11 itself. We anticipate all users will receive these features within just a few weeks after update to v7.11.
Bounding Box Updates
This new functionality allows you more control over the placement and resizing of bounding boxes.
Bounding box handles for images and text are updated to allow you to resize and rotate the object from any corner. Hovering over a corner handle changes the cursor to an arrow showing the directions in which you can resize the bounding box.
To rotate using bounding box handles, allow cursor to hover just outside of a corner handle until a curved arrow appears. Then click and drag to rotate the object. To rotate your object using specific values, enter a value in the Rotate field in the Edit toolbar.
Note: Objects can be deleted through right-click menu, selecting Delete in the Layers panel, or using Backspace/Delete keys on keyboard. Unlock object proportions in the Edit bar.
Resizing images and text
Rotating images and text
Resizing and rotating a line
Updates to Text Handling
Based on user feedback, we’ve improved text handling to give users more of the options they prefer when working with text. Learn more.
- Text wrapping – text wrapping is back! Single line text with center alignment is the default, but you can switch to wrapped text by dragging handles on the sides and top or bottom of the text box. Switch to single line text or wrapped text any time you want through the Alignment menu.
- Top and bottom resizing – you now have the option to add space above and below your text in the text box and use new alignment options to position your text within the text box.
You may also notice...
Edit Text added to right-click menu
To edit text you can double click on the text, or right-click and choose Edit Text from the menu.
Web Landing Page for Contributing Artist Profile
Now, when a link to a Contributing Artist profile is selected, a landing page opens in a web browser where one can browse the Contributing Artist’s images and shared projects. No need to download or open Design Space unless the user wishes to make the images or projects.
- Insufficient Material Length hangs application
- Mat Preview is blank if we click on Continue for a mat that contains hidden object
- Project image is not masked 1:1 on Project Details modal
- Non-customizable Joy Insert Cards are displayed on Canvas
- Contributing Artist badge is missing on Project Details screen
- Scrolling Material Size with mouse closes dropdown
- Text bounding box should not appear on Canvas when text layer is hidden
- Subscription events are missing from Monogram Maker
- Cricut Autopress - "Complete Setup" copy needs to be fixed
- Monogram Maker - Duplicate GA events
- Application Experience options in Settings are not localized
- Incorrect user status set in "ClientAccessModalOpened" event
- Canvas cache not working after a renderer crash
- No loading spinner shown when opening to a cached canvas
- App Experience switcher - App is stuck on splash screen when going from production to Beta