When you purchase Ready-to-Make projects, single images, fonts, or digital cartridges, they are yours to use in Design Space forever for no additional charge. Image entitlements from cartridges that you link to Design Space are also yours to use in Design Space forever for no additional charge.
However, if you are asked to pay for an image or font that you already own, or to which you are subscribed through Cricut Access, here are a few things to check:
- Check the items listed in the Design Space shopping cart to be certain what Design Space is charging for. Ensure that you have removed everything from your canvas that you do not own (or that are not included in your Cricut Access plan). This includes layers that have been hidden. Follow the steps below to check the Design Space shopping cart.
- Click the green "Purchase" button in the bottom-right corner of the Mat Preview (don't worry; your purchase will not be submitted without password authorization). This will take you to the purchase screen.
- If you haven't previously made a Design Space purchase, you will first be prompted to enter your billing information. Once your payment profile is saved, you will be directed to the Purchase Confirmation screen to view the items in the cart, which will be listed under "Summary" in the center of the screen. If the items listed in the cart are indeed items that you already own or to which you are subscribed through Cricut Access, proceed to step 2. If the items in the cart are items that you do NOT already own, you can either proceed with your purchase or return to the canvas, delete those items, and replace them with others that you do own or that are free.
- After several days of being logged in, your Design Space session will "time out" and automatically sign you out. When this happens, it may still appear that you are signed in, but your images and fonts may show a charge. Simply sign out of Design Space, then sign back in to refresh the account. Your images and fonts should again appear without a charge.
- If you purchase digital cartridges, fonts, or images on Cricut.com while signed in to Design Space, you will need to sign out of Design Space, then sign back in to refresh the account. Your account should then recognize the added digital rights and no longer prompt you to pay for the items you just purchased.
- Image and font purchases through the iOS mobile Design Space or Cricut Basics apps are processed through your iTunes account, as they would be for in-app purchases in other apps. It may take a few minutes for your account to update with the new digital rights. If you are being charged in the app for images you have already purchased, have linked, or to which you are subscribed, we recommend signing out of the app. Then sign back in to refresh the account. Your images and fonts should then appear without a charge.
If these steps do not help, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for further assistance.