Cricut Design Space can be installed on your Windows or Mac computer, or as an app on your iOS device. Click here for information about the minimum recommended system requirements to ensure your device will support the Cricut Design Space software.
- Installing Design Space on a PC/Mac
- Installing Design Space on an iOS Device
- Installing Design Space on an Android Device
Design Space is typically installed on your computer through the new machine setup process. However, you can manually install it through the steps below.
- Open an internet browser and go to design.cricut.com.
- When the page has fully loaded, sign in with your Cricut ID, or create one if you don't already have one.
- When you are signed in, click the "New Project" tile. You will receive a prompt to download and install the Design Space plugin. Click "Download Plugin."
- Watch for the screen to change as the plugin file is downloaded. This will be a little different with every browser. Google Chrome was used in the example below. When the file is completely downloaded, click on the downloaded file.
- Open or run the plugin.
- The Cricut Installer will open on the screen. Click "Next" to begin the setup.
- Windows may ask you for permission to allow "Cricut Command Line Utility" published by Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc. to make changes to your computer. If you receive this message, click "Yes" to continue. If using a Mac computer and you receive a message that the file is damaged and should be moved to the trash, is corrupt, or is from an unidentified developer, follow the instructions found here to allow the installation.
- The Installer will show you the installation progress, and notifiy you when the installation is complete. Click "Done" to begin using Design Space.
Cricut Design Space may be used on your compatible iOS device as an app rather than through the internet browser on your device. To download the Design Space iOS app, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the App Store icon on your iOS device home screen to open the App Store.
Search for "Cricut Design Space". The Cricut Design Space app was developed by Provo Craft & Novelty, and appears as a white square with a green Cricut "C" logo in the center. Tap the "Get" button to download the app, and verify the download with your iTunes password if prompted to enter it.
Once the download is complete, the app will launch, and will display options for completing the New Machine Setup, or proceeding to the App Overview. If you do not wish to do either, simply tap the "X" in the upper right corner to get to the landing page, sign in, and start designing on the go!
At this time, the Cricut Design Space iOS app is available only in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Brazil and Philippines.
Cricut Design Space may be used on your Android device as an app rather than through the internet browser on your device. To download the Cricut Design Space Beta for Android app, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Google Play Store icon on your device home screen to open the Play Store.
Search for "Cricut Design Space". The Cricut Design Space Beta for Android app was developed by Provo Craft & Novelty, and appears as a white icon with a green Cricut "C" logo in the center and a black banner reading "Beta" across the upper left corner. Tap the "Install" button to download and install the app.
Once the installation is complete, the app will will appear on your App Home Screen. Simply tap on the icon to open the app, sign in, and start designing on the go!
At this time, the Cricut Design Space Beta for Android app is available only in the U.S.