- What are the computer and internet requirements for the Cricut Mini?
- What comes in the Cricut Mini machine box?
- What Cricut cartridges are compatible with the Cricut Mini machine?
- What materials can a Cricut Mini machine cut?
- Do I have to use my Cricut Mini machine with the Cricut Craft Room design software?
The Cricut Mini machine is used with the Cricut Craft Room software, which requires a computer (Windows® or Mac®) and a high-speed internet connection. Make sure your computer and internet meet these minimum requirements.
- Cricut Mini machine: 16.1" x 7.3" x 3.69", 5.25 lbs
- Over 500 Cricut® digital images. These are automatically unlocked on your Cricut.com account when you connect your machine to the Cricut Craft Room® design software.:
- Cricut Font and Basic Shapes
- Thank You Card
- Cricut Mini – Elegant
- Cricut Mini – Baby
- Cricut Mini – School
- Cricut Mini – Celebrate
- Blade and blade housing
- Power cord
- 8.5 in x 12 in cutting mat
- USB cord
The Cricut Mini machine has a cartridge port that is compatible with all Cricut cartridges except for Cricut Imagine Art and Cricut Imagine Pattern cartridges. The Cricut Mini machine must be used with the free Cricut Craft Room design software or the Cricut Gypsy device. You can also purchase digital cartridges on Cricut.com to use in Cricut Craft Room with your Cricut Mini® machine.
You can cut a wide range of materials with your Cricut Mini machine, including cardstock, vinyl, vellum, fabric, chipboard, and even thin foils. Visit the material guide below for suggested settings for different materials.
The Cricut Mini machine was designed to work in conjunction with the free Cricut Craft Room design software. The Cricut Craft Room design software is compatible with Windows® or Mac® computers and allows you to design with and cut the Cricut images you own. You can also use the Cricut Craft Room design software to explore the Cricut image library and purchase digital images for immediate use.