Cricut machines blades need to be changed at different intervals based on the materials you use with your machine. In general, when the cuts are not crisp, then it is time to change your blade. Please follow the steps below to change the blade in your Cricut machine:
Note: Blade housings are not interchangeable between Cricut Explore, Cricut Maker, and legacy Cricut machines. To know more about blades and housings, please read this All About Blades help article.
- Remove the blade housing from your Cricut machine.
- Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker: Open Clamp B and remove the blade housing.
- Legacy Cricut machines: Unscrew the black arm holding the blade housing and remove it.
- For Fine-Point, Premium Fine-Point, Deep Point, and Deep-Cut blades: Gently push the pin on the top of the housing and carefully pull out the blade from the bottom.
- Knife Blade for Cricut Maker: Read this Replacing Knife Blade Help article.
- Rotary Blade for Cricut Maker: View this Changing the Rotary Blade video.
- Remove the protective cover from the new blade.
- Insert the new blade into the housing. The magnet in the housing will hold the new blade in place.
- Replace the blade housing into your machine.
- Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker: Return the blade housing to Clamp B and close it.
- Legacy Cricut machines: Place the blade housing inside the black arm and tighten the screw.