Firmware updates ensure your Cricut Mug Press has the latest and greatest feature enhancements.
What you need
- Cricut Mug Press
- USB cable (included in box*)
- Compatible Windows/Mac computer with USB Type-A port
- Design Space software
How to update
- Put Cricut Mug Press into Connect mode:
- Plug in power cord
- Press and hold power button until Connect mode starts (>5 seconds). Power button flashes orange when press is in Connect mode.
- Plug in USB cable.
- Open Design Space on a compatible Windows or Mac computer.
- Sign in with your Cricut ID and password.
- Select the Design Space menu > New Machine Setup > Heat Press > Cricut Mug Press.
- Follow on-screen prompts to get Cricut Mug Press connected.
- The software will take a few moments to detect your press, then start firmware update. You can watch the progress bar as the update proceeds.
- When the update is complete, the power button will flash orange. Disconnect USB cable from press. It will power off. Power on to start using press.
My USB cord got unplugged during firmware update, or there was some disruption during firmware update.
No problem. Simply restart the process. You can access it through the Design Space menu > New Machine Setup > Heat Press > Cricut Mug Press.
*I misplaced the USB cable that came in the box with my Cricut Mug Press. Can I use a different cable?
Yes. You can use any Type-A micro-USB cable that is capable of data transfer.