My machine keeps turning off, and so I have to turn it back on. Why?
This is the auto shutoff-off safety feature of Cricut Hat Press. After a period of inactivity, or no button pushes, the press will alert you, then shut off. This occurs after 13 minutes.
My Cricut Hat Press is plugged in, but it won't power on, or the power light is flashing white. What should I do?
- Ensure the machine has been activated, see How to Activate Cricut Hat Press for information on activating Cricut Hat Press.
- If Cricut the Hat Press has been activated, contact Member Care for assistance.
My Cricut Hat Press will not connect to the Cricut Heat app, or the app is not sending settings to the press. How do I resolve this?
- Check your mobile device settings to ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Ensure Cricut Hat Press is powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 7 feet of Cricut Hat Press.
- Sign out of the Cricut Heat app. Then, sign back in.
- If that does not resolve the issue, force-close the app, sign out and back in, and try connecting again.
- If Cricut Hat Press is still not communicating with the Cricut Heat app, contact Member Care for assistance.
Preventing unwanted transfer effects
Unwanted transfer effects while using Cricut Hat Press and can be easily avoided by following the recommended material and blank preparation guidelines in this article.
Why are the heat wave lights on my Cricut Hat Press blinking?
When lights blink red or orange on the Cricut Hat Press, this could be an error on the machine. We recommend a full power cycle by unplugging the machine, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging back in to see if the issue persists. If the machine still errors, please contact Member Care for assistance.