Unwanted transfer effects while using Cricut Hat Press and can be easily avoided by following the recommended material and blank preparation guidelines below.
- We recommend using Cricut hat blanks. Cricut hat blanks are specially engineered and thoroughly tested to work with Cricut heat transfer materials. Generic products will likely work, but we cannot guarantee quality result.
- Because the hat pressing surface is curved and requires constant motion when pressing with Cricut Hat Press, use Strong Heat Resistant Tape to secure all sides of your design to the hat blank before pressing.
- We highly recommend using the Cricut hat pressing form. Successful heat transfers require a firm pressing surface, and Cricut Hat Pressing Form is specially designed to provide the moldable, yet firm pressing surface necessary for your heat transfer projects.
- The recommended maximum size for one pressing cycle is 2.25 in high x 4.25 in wide (5.7 cm high x 10.79 cm wide). This maximum size ensures that your full design gets the necessary heat in the time allotted for the pressing cycle. If you try to press a design larger than this in one cycle, the design may not transfer properly.
Note: While designs smaller than this may also be transferred, be aware that very thin lines of iron-on (HTV) may not transfer successfully.
- We recommend using a lint roller to prep your blank before using Infusible Ink. Most fabrics have lint fibers on them that are not visible to the naked eye. Thoroughly lint-roll your entire hat blank, especially the area that will come into contact with the heat plate. This will prevent lint from being pressed onto the blank, causing the dye in the lint to infuse unwanted blue speckles onto your hat blank.
- Be sure to preheat your blank before pressing. The purpose of preheating is to remove wrinkles and any residual chemicals or excess moisture from the fabric which might interfere with a successful transfer, so if your blank cools after preheating, prior to pressing your design, no problem!
- On Cricut Trucker Hat and Cricut Ball Cap blanks, the front panels offer the best application area.