When using Cricut Joy and you want your design to use multiple colors of foil, create your project in Design Space for Desktop.
Note: Due to Cricut Joy’s space-saving size, changing Foil Transfer Sheets mid-project can be a challenge. Position your design and material partway down the mat to make it easier to change Foil Transfer Sheets when it’s time.
- Select the Draw > Foil Linetype and a foil color for each part of your design that will use foil. This makes it possible for Design Space to prompt you to use the correct material when it’s time.
- Position images as desired. Use Attach as needed to fasten Foil layers to the appropriate Cut layer. Then select Make It to send your project to the machine.
- Move your design away from the edges and top of the mat on the project preview and place your base material on the mat accordingly. This will make it easier to switch foil colors when it's time. Select Continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompts for which tools and material to load. Choosing the right color on the Canvas allows Design Space to tell you which foil color to put on your material when it’s time.
- The software will then prompt you when it's time to switch foil colors.
Important: Do not unload the mat to switch foil colors. Be sure to remove foil as prompted before the final cut step.