Cricut Transfer Tape was specifically designed to make transferring vinyl designs to project surfaces a cinch. The clear film with grid makes it simple to position your design right where you want it.
Cutting Vinyl with a Cricut Machine
- Place vinyl sheet shiny side (clear liner) down onto Cricut machine mat.
- Select and size images and load mat into the machine.
- Refer to Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide below to adjust machine settings (a kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the vinyl and leaves the liner intact).
- Press flashing Go button.
Tip: Transfer Tape may also be used with other Cricut materials, such as Adhesive Foil. If using Glitter Vinyl, use StrongGrip Transfer Tape only.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images, leaving the liner intact. This process is called weeding. Using a weeding tool found in a Cricut Basic Tool Set or Weeding Tool Set can make this process faster and easier.
- Remove the Transfer Tape liner.
- Gently place the Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your design, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or the Scraper found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel the vinyl away from the liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the liner, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the vinyl again, then continue to peel the vinyl away from the liner.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the Transfer Tape with vinyl designs onto your surface as you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Cricut Scraper.
- Peel the Transfer Tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the Transfer Tape, simply burnish the Transfer Tape onto the vinyl and peel away again.
Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||3||High||1||Fine-Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom". Select "Browse all materials", then select the type of vinyl you're using.||Premium Fine-Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials", then select the type of vinyl you're using.||Premium Fine-Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.