Cutting Glitter Vinyl with a Cricut Machine
- Place vinyl liner side down onto LightGrip Mat.
- Select images and size and load the mat into your machine.
- Refer to Glitter Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide below to adjust machine settings (a kiss cut goes through the vinyl film and leaves the liner intact).
- Press the flashing Go button.
Preparation with StrongGrip Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images, leaving the liner intact. This process is called weeding. Using a weeding tool found in a Cricut Basic Tool Set or Weeding Tool Set can make this process faster and easier.
- Remove the Transfer Tape liner.
- Gently place the Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your images. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or the Scraper found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel away the vinyl liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl does not separate from the liner, simply burnish the Transfer Tape onto the vinyl and peel away again.
Note: Glitter Vinyl rolls include a sheet of StrongGrip transfer tape for use with Glitter Vinyl. This is usually rolled up with the vinyl and can be found near the center of the roll.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the Transfer Tape with vinyl designs onto your surface as you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Cricut Scraper.
- Peel away the Transfer Tape from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the Transfer Tape, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the vinyl and peel away again.
Tip: If using a delicate or intricate design, peel the transfer tape away slowly, being careful to ensure that your intricate lines do not tear, but successfully transfer to the project surface.
Glitter Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||3||Medium||1||Fine-Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to Custom. Select Browse all materials, then select Glitter Vinyl.||Premium Fine-Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select Browse all materials, then select Glitter Vinyl.||Premium Fine-Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.