Cricut Premium Vinyl - Permanent is ideal for projects that need to weather the storm, from mailboxes to mugs, to outdoor signage and more. It's a water-resistant and UV-resistant film with an adhesive that can last for up to 3 years. Find cutting and application instructions below.
Cutting Premium Vinyl - Permanent with a Cricut Machine
- Place vinyl (liner side down) onto Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Select images and size and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Kiss Cut guide table below to adjust machine settings.
- Press CUT.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the Weeder found in the Cricut Tool Kit, leaving the liner intact. This process is known as weeding.
- Remove the transfer tape liner.
- Gently place the transfer tape (adhesive side down) over the images. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Scraper found in the Cricut Tool Kit to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel away the vinyl liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl does not separate from the liner, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the vinyl and peel away again.
Note: Standard transfer tape is recommended.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the transfer tape with vinyl images onto your surface how you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish transfer tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Cricut Scraper.
- Peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the transfer tape, simply burnish the vinyl onto the surface again. Then continue to peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl.
- Applying with the "wet method" is helpful for positioning layers
- Not easily repositioned due to the stronger adhesive
- Handwash only
Premium Vinyl - Permanent Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||3||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Imagine||3||3||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom". Select "Browse all materials", then select "Premium Vinyl - Permanent".||Premium Fine Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials", then select "Premium Vinyl - Permanent".||Premium Fine Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.