Cricut Adhesive Foil lets you customize without a commitment! Create easily removable decals, labels, home décor, media covers, and more. Use with all Cricut cutting machines. Find cutting and application instructions below.
Cutting Adhesive Foil with a Cricut Machine
- Place Adhesive Foil shiny liner side down onto StrongGrip Mat.
- Select images and size, and load mat into the machine.
- Refer to Kiss Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings (a kiss cut goes through the vinyl film and leaves the liner intact).
- Press the flashing Go button.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images, leaving the liner intact. This process is called weeding. Using a weeding tool found in a Cricut Basic Tool Set or Weeding Tool Set can make this process faster and easier.
- Remove the Transfer Tape liner.
- Gently place the Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your design. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or the Scraper found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the Adhesive Foil.
- Peel the Adhesive Foil away from the liner at a 45-degree angle. It the Adhesive Foil sticks to the liner, simply burnish the Transfer Tape onto the Adhesive Foil, then continue to peel the Adhesive Foil away from the liner.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the Transfer Tape with Adhesive Foil designs onto your surface as you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or the Cricut Scraper.
- Peel the transfer tape away from the Adhesive Foil at a 45-degree angle. If the Adhesive Foil sticks to the Transfer Tape, simply burnish the Transfer Tape onto the foil and peel away again.
Adhesive Foil Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||6||2||High||1||Fine-Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom" and select "Adhesive Foil" from the list of custom materials.||Premium Fine-Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials," then select "Adhesive Foil".||Premium Fine-Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.