Cricut Adhesive Foil lets you customize without a commitment! Create easily removable decals, labels, home décor, media covers, and more. Use with all Cricut cutting machines. Find cutting and application instructions below.
Cutting Adhesive Foil with a Cricut Machine
- Place Adhesive Foil (liner side down) onto Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Select images and size, and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Custom Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings.
- Press CUT.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the Weeder found in the Cricut Tool Kit, leaving the liner intact. This process is known as weeding.
- Remove the transfer tape liner.
- Gently place the transfer tape (adhesive side down) over the images. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or the Scraper found in the Cricut Tool Kit to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the Adhesive Foil.
- Peel away the Adhesive Foil liner at a 45-degree angle. If the Adhesive Foil does not separate from the liner, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the Adhesive Foil and peel away again.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the transfer tape with Adhesive Foil images onto your surface how you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish transfer tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. A craft stick or the Scraper found in the Cricut Tool Kit can be used.
- Peel away the transfer tape from the Adhesive Foil at a 45-degree angle. If the Adhesive Foil images stick to the transfer tape, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the foil and peel away again.
Adhesive Foil (Matte) Custom Cut Guide
|Cricut Expression 2
|Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom" and select "Adhesive Foil, Matte" from the list of custom materials.
|Premium Fine Point
|Select "Browse all materials," then select "Adhesive Foil, Matte".
|Premium Fine Point
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings. For Cricut Explore machines, the pressure for this setting can be adjusted up or down as needed through the Manage Custom Materials window in Design Space.