Cutting Premium Glossy Outdoor Vinyl with a Cricut Machine
- Place vinyl sheet (liner side down) onto Cricut cutting mat.
- Select and size images and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Outdoor Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings. (A kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the vinyl and leaves the liner intact).
- Press CUT.
Tip: If you choose to cut through both the vinyl and the liner, you can peel the liner away from the vinyl and apply the vinyl to the surface by hand.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the weeder found in the Cricut Tool Kit. This process is known as weeding.
- Remove the liner from the transfer tape. Take the transfer tape in each hand with the adhesive side facing down.
- Gently place the transfer tape over the images. Start in the center and move out toward the edges. A craft stick or the scraper from the Cricut Tool Kit can be used to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel the vinyl away from the liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the liner, simply burnish the transfer tape onto the vinyl again and then continue to peel the vinyl away from the liner.
- Carefully place the transfer tape with vinyl images on a clean and dry surface, making sure the images are straight.
- Start in the center and move out toward the ends. A craft stick or the scraper from the Cricut Tool Kit can be used to burnish the vinyl onto the surface.
- Peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the transfer tape, simply burnish the vinyl onto the surface again. Peel the transfer tape away from the vinyl.
Note: Premium Outdoor Glossy Vinyl requires 48 hours to cure. Please wait 48 hours before exposing your project to the elements.
Outdoor Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||5||3||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Imagine||3||2||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to “Custom”. Select "Browse all materials," then select "Premium Outdoor Vinyl".||Premium Fine Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials," then select "Premium Outdoor Vinyl".||Premium Fine Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.