Cricut® Holographic Iron-on adds eye-catching shine to pillows, blankets, basket liners, wall-hangings, and more! This luminous holographic iron-on material brings a sense of wonder to every creation. Use with Cricut® electronic cutting machines.
Cutting Holographic Iron-On with a Cricut Machine
- Place iron-on sheet, liner side down, onto Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Adjust your machine settings according to the Iron-On Cut Guide below.
- Select and Size the images(s) you want to cut. Be sure to flip all images prior to cutting so they appear backward (mirror image).
- Load mat into the machine and cut iron-on.
Important: For a look that most closely matches its color prior to application, we recommend applying Holographic Iron-On to white materials. Holographic Iron-On colors may appear differently when applied to colored materials.
Application steps are important when it comes to extending the life of embellished items.
- Make sure you are following the full application instructions. It is important to pre-heat, heat, and post-heat for the recommended amount of time as this will help the iron-on material set into the fibers of the item onto which it is being ironed.
- Be sure you are applying the iron-on material to a clean garment or item.
- Pre-wash the item before application. Fabrics are often treated with chemicals that make the colors look more vibrant on display in stores. These chemicals need to be removed before applying iron-on. Avoid using fabric softener when pre-washing materials.
- Pre-washing the item before the application will also eliminate any shrinking that may occur during washing after the iron-on has been applied.
- Do not layer any iron-on material over Holographic, Holographic Sparkle, Foil, Glitter, or flocked iron-on. The material may seem to iron-on fine, but when washed, the material on top of these layers will begin to peel away. However, Holographic, Holographic Sparkle, Foil, Glitter, and flocked iron-on may be layered on top of Everyday Iron-On.
Tip: To ensure best results, test a piece of Cricut Iron-On in an inconspicuous part of the item prior to application.
Note: These instructions are for using a household iron with Holographic Iron-On. Use this Interactive Quick Reference Guide for recommended EasyPress settings.
- Remove negative Cricut Iron-on film, leaving only the desired cut image on the liner (this process is known as weeding). Using the weeding tool found in the Cricut Tool Kit can make this process faster and easier.
- Set your iron to the Wool setting. Make sure the steam setting is OFF for steam irons.
- Use the iron to preheat the area of the material where you will be applying your cut image for 10-15 seconds.
- Place the weeded image, liner side up, onto the preheated material. Place the iron directly onto the liner with medium pressure, moving the iron continually in a slow circular motion over the entire image for 50 seconds.
- Flip the material over and apply medium pressure with the iron in a circular motion for an additional 50 seconds.
- Let cool 1-2 minutes or until design is cool to the touch. Remove lining.
- Use a firm flat ironing surface (ironing boards are not recommended).
- Do not layer on top of Holographic, Holographic Sparkle, Glitter, Foil, or Flocked Iron-on. However, any of these may be used as a top layer.
- If a portion doesn't adhere, replace the liner over the film and re-iron the piece with the iron for 10 seconds, moving it back and forth with firm pressure directly over the loose edges.
- For steam irons, turn the steam setting OFF when applying Cricut Iron-on.
- Wait 24 hours before washing. Wash clothing inside out on delicate wash and dry cycles. If necessary, iron on the back side of the garment.
- If there are areas of the iron-on film which seem to be coming off after being washed, simply re-iron the material in place following the complete application instructions.
Holographic Iron-On Cut Guide
|Machine||Material Setting||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to Custom and select Holographic Iron-On from the list of custom materials.||Premium Fine Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select Browse all materials, then select Holographic Iron-on.||Premium Fine Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.