Cricut Holographic Iron-on adds eye-catching shine to pillows, blankets, basket liners, wall-hangings, and more! This luminous holographic iron-on material brings a sense of wonder to every creation. Use with Cricut electronic cutting machines.
What you need:
- Cricut smart cutting machine
- Cricut Design Space on computer or mobile device, or Cricut Joy app
- Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3 and Cricut Hat Press)
- StandardGrip machine mat
- Fine Point or Premium Fine Point blade
- Cricut Holographic Iron-On
- Cricut Autopress, Cricut EasyPress, Cricut Hat press, heat press, or household iron
- Iron-On Protective sheet (optional)
- Base material
Important: For a look that most closely matches its color prior to application, we recommend applying Holographic Iron-On to white materials. Holographic Iron-On colors may appear differently when applied to colored materials.
- Pre-wash fabric base materials without fabric softener to pre-shrink and remove chemicals that may prohibit strong adhesion.
- Recommended: To verify cut setting, perform a test cut using a small basic shape.
- Recommended: To verify application setting, apply test cut in an inconspicuous area on the base material.
- Find your pressing surface. If it’s firm, flat, and around waist high, you’re golden. Be sure to avoid flimsy ironing boards.
Design, cut, and weed
Note: For multi-layer designs, Holographic Iron-On should be the top layer only. It can be applied on top of Everyday Iron-On, but do not layer other Iron-On over Holographic Iron-On. Keep this is mind as you create your design.
- Select and size your design in the software. Be sure to Mirror your mats before cutting if using Design Space. In the Cricut Joy app, Mirror is enabled automatically when you select a heat-transfer material.
- Select Holographic Iron-On from the list of materials.
- If using a Cricut Explore machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom.
- Place Iron-on sheet, liner side down, onto Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat.
- If using Smart Iron-On with Cricut Joy, it may be loaded into the machine without a mat.
- Load it into the machine and cut your design.
- When the cut is complete, weed your image.
- Preheat base material as instructed in our Heat Guide (Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress 2) or the Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3 and Cricut Hat Press).
- Place the cut design on the base material with the shiny liner side up. Apply heat as instructed.
- Flip the base material over and apply heat to the back of the design as instructed (see Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app).
- Use a cool peel to remove the liner.
Note: If using a household iron, use the Wool setting. Make sure the steam setting is OFF. Preheat the application area of your base material for 10-15 seconds. Place the weeded image, liner side up, onto the preheated material. Place the iron directly onto the liner with medium pressure, moving the iron continually in a slow circular motion over the entire image for 50 seconds. Flip the material over and apply medium pressure with the iron in a circular motion for an additional 50 seconds. Use a cool peel to remove the liner.
- Wait 24 hours before washing.
- For longest life, wash and dry the embellished item inside-out on delicate cycle.
- If necessary, iron from the back side of the garment.
- If areas of Iron-On material lift after washing, simply follow the complete application instructions to reapply.