What you need:
- Cricut smart cutting machine
- Design Space on computer or mobile device, or Cricut Joy app
- Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3)
- StandardGrip Machine Mat
- Cricut EasyPress, Cricut EasyPress 2, or Cricut EasyPress 3
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Square Coaster Blank (compatible with Infusible Ink)
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
- Butcher paper
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint-free cloth
- Alcohol wipes
Step 1: Cut
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any oils or lotions.
1. Place Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet onto StandardGrip mat, liner side down.
2. In the software, select and size your design to fit on your coaster blank. Be sure to Mirror your design if using Design Space. In the Cricut Joy app, Mirror is enabled automatically when you select a heat-transfer material.
3. Select Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet from the list of materials. If using a Cricut Explore machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Load mat and blade into machine, then press Go.
Step 2: Weed
1. Remove cut design from mat and trim away unused area of sheet.
2. Gently roll cut design so cut lines separate and are more visible. “Cracking” the cut like this makes it easier to grasp and remove excess paper from in and around your design.
3. Use your fingers or tweezers to carefully remove negative pieces from in and around your design, leaving design on liner.
4. Trim clear liner so that it does not extend beyond Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Step 3: Prep the blank
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure settings for your project, always refer to the Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3).
1. Use a lint-free cloth to remove any debris from coaster.
Step 4: Apply
1. Cover Cricut EasyPress Mat with cardstock to protect it from unwanted transfer.
2. Place design face-down on coaster, clear liner on top.
3. Place coaster onto cardstock and mat with design facing up.
4. Cover coaster with butcher paper.
Note: Butcher paper comes included with box of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets.
5. To find time and temperature settings for your project, refer to Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3).
Tip: If you are using a larger Cricut EasyPress, you can transfer Infusible Ink designs to multiple coasters at the same time.
6. When beep sounds, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
7. CAUTION: Coaster will be very hot. Let cool completely before handling. Then slowly remove butcher paper and liner with design.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project!
- Wash with warm water and glass cleaner
- Do not use steel wool, colored cleansing agents, or scrubbing pads