What you need:
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore cutting machine
- StandardGrip Machine Mat
- Cricut EasyPress 2 or Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Square Coaster Blank (compatible with Infusible Ink)
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets
- Butcher paper
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint-free cloth
- Design Space software on mobile device or computer
Step 1: Cut
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any oils or lotions.
1. Place Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet onto StandardGrip mat, liner side down.
2. In Design Space, select and size your design to fit on your coaster blank. Be sure to Mirror your design.
3. Select Browse all materials, then Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet. If using a Cricut Explore machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Load mat and blade into machine, then press flashing Go button.
Step 2: Weed
1. Remove cut design from mat and trim away unused area of sheet.
2. Gently roll cut design so cut lines separate and are more visible. “Cracking” the cut like this makes it easier to grasp and remove excess paper from in and around your design.
3. Use your fingers or tweezers to carefully remove negative pieces from in and around your design, leaving design on liner.
4. Trim clear liner so that it does not extend beyond Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Step 3: Apply
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure settings for your project, always refer to the Cricut EasyPress Heat Transfer Guide. For this project, set Cricut EasyPress 2 to 400°F (205°C) and 60 seconds. For original Cricut EasyPress settings, refer to Cricut EasyPress Heat Transfer Guide.
1. Use a lint-free cloth to remove any debris from coaster.
2. Cover Cricut EasyPress Mat with cardstock to protect it from unwanted transfer.
3. Place design face-down on coaster, clear liner on top.
4. Place coaster onto cardstock and mat with design facing up.
5. Cover coaster with butcher paper.
Note: Butcher paper comes included with box of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets.
6. To complete this project using Cricut EasyPress 2, press at 400°F (205°C) for 60 seconds using no added pressure. For original Cricut EasyPress settings, refer to Cricut EasyPress Heat Transfer Guide.
Tip: If you are using a larger Cricut EasyPress, you can transfer Infusible Ink designs to multiple coasters at the same time.
7. When beep sounds, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
8. CAUTION: Coaster will be very hot. Let cool completely before handling. Then slowly remove butcher paper and liner with design.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project!
- Wash with warm water and glass cleaner
- Do not use steel wool, colored cleansing agents, or scrubbing pads