What you need:
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore cutting machine
- LightGrip Machine Mat
- Cricut EasyPress 2, Cricut EasyPress 3 or Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Ceramic Coaster Blank (compatible with Infusible Ink)
- Infusible Ink Pens or Markers
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Laser copy paper (2)
- Butcher paper (1)
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint-free cloth
- Design Space software on mobile device or computer
- Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3)
Step 1: Draw
1. Place sheet of laser copy paper onto a LightGrip Machine Mat and load it into your machine.
3. Select Browse all materials, then Copy Paper. If using a Cricut Explore Air 2 or older machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Insert Infusible Ink Pen or Marker into Clamp A, then press flashing Go button.
Tip: If you have assigned multiple pen colors to your design, Design Space will prompt you to load specific colors at specific times.
5. Once your design is complete, unload mat.
6. Remove your design from the mat and, if desired, color it in using Infusible Ink Markers or Pens.
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any oils or lotions.
Tip: To ensure the ink does not bleed through onto your surface, place a second sheet of laser paper beneath your design before coloring.
Step 2: Apply
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure settings for your project, always refer to the Cricut Heat Guide or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3).
1. Use a lint-free cloth to remove any debris from coaster.
2. Cover Cricut EasyPress Mat with cardstock to protect it from unwanted transfer.
3. Place design face down on coaster. Use Heat Resistant Tape to secure.
4. Flip coaster so bottom is facing up (top of coaster with attached design will rest against cardstock and mat).
5. Cover coaster with butcher paper.
Note: Butcher paper comes in each package of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets and is also sold separately.
6. To find the recommended settings for completing this project with your Cricut EasyPress model, refer to Cricut Heat Guide (Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress 2) or Cricut Heat app (for Cricut EasyPress 3).
Tip: If you are using a larger Cricut EasyPress, you can transfer Infusible Ink designs to multiple coasters at the same time.
7. When beep sounds, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
8. CAUTION: Coaster will be very hot. Let cool completely before handling. Then slowly remove butcher paper, tape, and design.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project!
- Wash with warm water and glass cleaner
- Do not use steel wool, colored cleansing agents, or scrubbing pads