Edited: October 9, 2023
What you need:
- Cricut smart cutting machine
- Design Space on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Heat Transfer Guide
- StandardGrip Machine Mat
- Cricut EasyPress or Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Ceramic Coaster Blank (Compatible with Infusible Ink)
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet
- Butcher paper
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint-free cloth
- Alcohol wipes
Step 1: Cut
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any lotions or oils.
1. Place Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet onto StandardGrip Mat, liner side down.
2. In the software, select and size your design to fit on your coaster blank. Be sure to Mirror your design in Design Space.
3. Select Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet from the list of materials. If using a Cricut Explore machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Load mat and blade into machine, then press Go.
Step 2: Weed
1. Remove cut design from mat and trim away unused area of sheet.
2. Gently roll cut design so cut lines separate and are more visible. "Cracking" the cut this way makes it easier to remove excess paper from in and around your design.
3. Use your fingers or tweezers to carefully remove the negative pieces from in and around your design, leaving design on liner.
4. Trim clear liner so it does not extend beyond Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Step 3: Prep the blank
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure settings for your project, always refer to the Cricut Heat Transfer Guide. For this project, set Cricut EasyPress 2 to 400°F (205°C) and 240 seconds. For original Cricut EasyPress settings, refer to Cricut Heat Transfer Guide.
1. Use a lint-free cloth to remove any debris from coaster.
Step 4: Apply
1. Cover Cricut EasyPress Mat with cardstock to protect it from unwanted transfer.
2. Place design face-down on coaster, clear liner on top.
3. Flip coaster so bottom is facing up (top of coaster with attached design will rest against cardstock and mat).
4. Cover the coaster with butcher paper.
Note: Butcher paper comes in each package of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets.
5. To complete this project using Cricut EasyPress 2, press at 400°F (205°C) for 240 seconds using no added pressure. For original Cricut EasyPress settings, refer to Cricut Heat Transfer Guide.
6. When beep sounds, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
7. CAUTION: Coaster will be very hot. Let cool completely before handling. Then slowly remove the butcher paper and liner.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project!
- Wash with warm water and glass cleaner
- Do not use steel wool, colored cleansing agents, or scrubbing pads