What you need
- Cricut smart cutting machine
- Design Space software on mobile device or computer
- Cricut Heat Transfer Guide
- LightGrip Machine Mat
- Cricut EasyPress 2, Cricut EasyPress, or Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Cosmetic Bag blank (compatible with Infusible Ink)
- Infusible Ink Pens or Markers
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Laser copy paper (2)
- Butcher paper (1)
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint roller
- Scissors (optional)
Step 1: Draw
1. Place sheet of laser copy paper onto LightGrip mat and load it into your machine.
Important: Given the seam allowance inside Cosmetic Bags, we do not recommend pressing a design that comes right up to the seam or edge of the bag. Even if you place cardstock on top of the seam allowance inside the bag, it can still cause enough unevenness to affect the transfer. Make sure to size your design with this in mind.
3. Select Copy Paper from the list of materials. If using a Cricut Explore machine, turn Smart Set Dial to Custom first.
4. Load mat and pen or marker into machine, then press Go.
Tip: If you have assigned multiple pen colors to your design, Design Space will prompt you to load specific colors at specific times.
5. Once your design is complete, unload mat.
6. Remove your design from the mat and, if desired, color it in using Infusible Ink Markers or Pens.
Note: Before handling Infusible Ink materials, be sure that your hands are dry and free of any oils or lotions.
Tip: To ensure the ink does not bleed through onto your surface, place a second sheet of laser paper beneath your design before coloring.
Step 2: Prep the blank
Tip: Now is a good time to prep your Cricut EasyPress. For precise temp, time, and pressure settings for your project, always refer to the Cricut Heat Transfer Guide. For this project, set Cricut EasyPress 2 to 385°F (195°C). For original Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress Mini settings, refer to Cricut Heat Transfer Guide.
1. Place Cosmetic Bag blank on top of Cricut EasyPress Mat.
2. Position sheet of cardstock inside bag to protect your mat and project.
3. Do not skip this step: Use a fresh adhesive to lint-roll the entire surface. Even minuscule debris or fibers may create imperfections in the final transfer.
4. Cover blank with butcher paper.
Important: Butcher paper must be larger than Cricut EasyPress heat plate.
Note: Butcher paper comes in each package of Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets.
5. Do not skip this step. Preheat application area to remove moisture and wrinkles that result in unwanted effects.
- For this project, press with Cricut EasyPress 2 at 385°F (195°C) for 15 seconds. For original Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress Mini settings, refer to Cricut Heat Transfer Guide.
- Use even, light pressure.
6. Remove butcher paper and let Cosmetic Bag cool completely.
Step 3: Apply
1. Place design face down on blank. The side with the drawing should be against the blank.
2. Tape down each corner of the design with Heat Resistant Tape, making sure to avoid the image area. Tape keeps your design from shifting during transfer.
3. Place butcher paper on top of design.
4. To complete this project using Cricut EasyPress 2, press at 385°F (195°C) for 60 seconds using light pressure. For original Cricut EasyPress and Cricut EasyPress Mini settings, refer to Cricut Heat Transfer Guide.
Important: Avoid seams when placing Cricut EasyPress. If the heat plate crosses over seams, the design will not receive even heat, resulting in an unwanted transfer effect. See a tip for raising the application area to get the best transfer results.
Important: Do not slide or move your hands or Cricut EasyPress during transfer. Keep the stack still while pressing. However, if using Cricut EasyPress Mini, secure the design in place with Heat Resistant Tape. Press while moving and applying light pressure.
5. When time is up, slowly lift press. Try not to move the stack, including butcher paper.
6. Then slowly remove butcher paper, tape, and design while warm.
Tip: Never reuse butcher paper for another project!
- Machine wash cold. Do not bleach.
- Tumble dry low.
- Iron if needed (medium heat, no steam).
- Do not dry clean.