Activation and Registration
Before using Cricut Autopress, you must activate and register it. Activating Cricut Autopress automatically registers your machine and ensures it has the most up-to-date software and features.
Follow the steps below to activate your heat press.
Note: The control pod that comes with your Cricut Autopress is pre-programmed with information specific to the Cricut Autopress unit in the box.
- Ensure machine, control pod, and needed cords are out of the packaging.
- A sticker on the control pod reminds you to register it to continue.
- Connect the USB cable to the micro-USB port on the bottom of the control pod.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer. The control pod display will also prompt you to connect to a computer to complete the activation.
- Navigate to cricut.com/setup and follow the on-screen prompts.
- If a firmware or software update is available, the pod will be updated with the new firmware or software.
- The control pod and machine will be registered to your account.
- The control pod and machine will be activated in our system.
- The control pod display will show activation and update progress.
- When the control pod activation is complete, the display will show UPD 100%, and you’ll receive a message on the computer that the pod is updated and registration is complete.
- Next, ensure Cricut Autopress is plugged in and powered on. Connect the control pod to the press via USB cable. The USB port is on the back of the press, near the power cord.
- The control pod will use its stored information to activate the press. Update progress will appear on the control pod display.
- When the update is complete, the control pod display will show UPD 100%, and the press will restart.
- Cricut Autopress is ready to use!
What if my control pod says “USB PC” on it when I try to use it with my Cricut Autopress?
This means that the activation process has not been completed. Follow the steps above to first connect the control pod to a computer and go to cricut.com/setup to complete the activation.