Select a link below for information on how to use Cricut Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl.
What you need
- Cricut smart cutting machine
- Design Space app on computer or mobile device
- Fine-point blade and housing
- Cricut Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl
- Cricut StandardGrip machine mat
- Cricut Transfer Tape (standard, not strong)
- Burnishing tool, such as a Scraper
Design, cut, and weed
- Customize your design in Design Space, then select Make It.
- If prompted select your material load style (On Mat).
- Select the Glow-in-the-Dark Vinyl Removable setting.
- Place vinyl (liner side down) onto Cricut StandardGrip Machine Mat.
- Slide mat under mat guides on the machine and up against the machine rollers.
- Press load.
- Press Go and watch the magic happen!
- When the cut is complete, press unload.
- Use a weeder to remove negatives, leaving your cut design on the liner.
Apply Transfer Tape
- Peel liner from Transfer Tape.
- To place Transfer Tape on your design carefully follow these steps:
- Attach a small area of Transfer Tape to your design. This can either be the center or one end of your design.
- Use a Scraper to burnish Transfer Tape onto your design, working outward from where you attached the small area.
- Flip design and burnish.
Apply to project surface
Important: Application of long designs requires care and planning. Take time to plan your approach.
- Make sure project surface is clean and dry.
- Peel vinyl liner away from Transfer Tape and design.
- If vinyl doesn't separate from the liner, simply burnish liner back onto the vinyl and peel away again.
- To transfer design to your project surface carefully follow these steps:
- Attach a small area of design onto your surface. This can either be the center or one end of your design.
- Use a Scraper to burnish design onto your surface, working outward from where you attached the small area.
- Peel Transfer Tape away from design.
- Work carefully. If vinyl peels up with Transfer Tape, simply burnish Transfer Tape and vinyl back down to the project surface and peel away again.
- For best results, peel Transfer Tape at an acute angle.
How long does it take to charge Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl ?
Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl will begin to glow soon after exposure to light, but for brightest and longest glowing, allow it to charge under direct light for a minimum of 30 minutes.
How long will Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl glow before it needs to be recharged?
Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl will glow for approximately 30 minutes before it needs to recharge.
How do I charge Glow-in-the-Dark Removable Vinyl?
Glow-in-the-Dark-Vinyl will charge under any type of light. For best results allow vinyl-embellished object(s) to rest under direct lighting.
Note: While any type of light will work, it will charge faster under a UV light.
How many washes will it last? Are there any special care instructions to follow?
Can exceed 10 cycles in the dishwasher depending on image intricacy and applied surface.
Can I wash it in the dishwasher?
Although it is dishwasher safe, it is not specifically recommended for dishwasher use due to the removable adhesive.
What kind of Transfer Tape should be used with this material?
Standard Transfer Tape.
Left untouched on a surface, how long will the glow effect work?
The glow effect is not known to diminish with time or number of wash cycles and therefore is expected to last several years.