If you are cutting foil, metal sheets, or Smart Materials with your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker, and the machine is turning off unexpectedly, this may be due to a build-up of static electricity.
- Dry environments are particularly prone to the buildup of static electricity.
- Using a spray bottle filled with water, spray some mist into the air to help dissipate the buildup.
- You can also use a small humidifier or vaporizer in the area; increased humidity will help prevent the build-up of static electricity.
- When cutting Smart Materials with Cricut Explore 3 or Cricut Maker 3, prevent long lengths of Smart Materials from travelling/dragging on the floor as much as possible, as this will create more static electricity.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, contact Member Care.
Important: Do not spray water directly on to the Cricut machine.