Edited: September 1, 2023
Cutting Window Cling with a Cricut Machine
- Position top-left corner of window cling, liner side down, in the top-left corner of Cricut StandardGrip cutting mat; load mat into the machine.
- Select images and size.
- Refer to the Window Cling Kiss Cut Guide table below to adjust machine settings. A kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the window cling and leaves the liner intact.
- Press CUT.
Tip: For Design Space: If cutting an intricate image, be sure you have toggled the Mirror switch ON in the Prepare screen. The Expression 2 machine also has a "mirror" option. This will allow you to use the window cling liner to transfer the cut image to a surface for ease of applying the design to your project surface.
Window Cling Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||4||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Imagine||5||3||Medium||1||Fine Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to "Custom" and select "Window Cling" from the list of custom materials.||Premium Fine Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select "Browse all materials," then select "Window Cling".||Premium Fine Point|
- Ensure that your project surface is clean and dry.
- Remove the negative pieces from each of the images using the weeder tool found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set.
- Place part of the window cling on the surface and peel away the backing. Alternatively, peel away liner and apply by hand.
- Burnish the window cling using the Cricut scraper, also found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set to remove air bubbles.
Tip: If you choose to cut through both the window cling and the liner, you can use the same application steps above.
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.
What is the difference between Cricut Vinyl and Cricut Window Cling?
Cricut Vinyl and Cricut Window Cling contain different types of backing. Cricut Vinyl is designed with a strong adhesive backing that gives you a long-lasting hold after being applied to the surface. Once removed from its surface, it cannot be reused.
What is a Kiss Cut?
A kiss cut is a cut that only goes through the material, and leaves the liner intact. This is applicable for adhesive backed materials like vinyl, iron-on, washi sheet, etc.