When completing a cut with Knife Blade, Design Space will prompt you to check your cut before removing the mat from the machine. This gives you the opportunity to cut more if needed.
How to check your cut
- Once your cut is complete, carefully — and without removing the mat from your machine — inspect your cuts. Use a weeding tool or spatula to gently lift along the edge of each cut image to make sure the cut has gone all the way through your material.
- If your image has interior cuts, try removing one of these smaller pieces.
- If the cut is still significantly connected to the surrounding material, choose to cut more. Click the Go button to begin an additional pass.
- Each additional pass uses slightly increased pressure.
- If the cut is only connected to the surrounding material by a few fibers, it may be better to unload the mat and finish the cut with a craft knife or scissors.
Note: You may choose to cut more as many times as you'd like. However, be warned that adding one more pass may result in a deeper cut into or through your cutting mat. For this reason, we recommend that before adding additional passes, you check the cut every time.
Important: Removing the mat from the machine cancels the option to add an additional pass to that particular cut.