Before your first cut with Knife Blade, you must complete Knife Blade calibration. Calibration helps the Maker machine recognize the Knife Blade Drive Housing so that it can execute the best cuts on your materials. Follow the on-screen prompts or read the steps below:
Tip: Knife Blade calibration is for Maker machines only. If calibration has not been completed before you attempt your first cut with Knife Blade, Design Space will continually prompt you to complete the calibration process. Once complete, the prompt will disappear.
Note: At this time, Knife Blade Calibration can be done only on Windows/Mac computers.
- Click on the account menu and select "Calibration"
- Select "Knife Blade".
- Insert your Knife Blade, and place a sheet of plain printer paper onto your mat. Click "Continue".
- From the drop-down menu, select your machine (double-check to be sure the correct machine is displayed). Load the mat with paper into the machine.
- Press the flashing "Go" button to begin the calibration.
- The machine will cut seven sets of lines that overlap in the center - one cut from left to right, one cut from right to left. When complete, remove the mat from the machine. Inspect the cut lines to find the cut with the best overlap. The set of lines with the best overlap will appear as a single cut line; there will be no offset between the lines. View the example on the screen for guidance
- If you have difficulty seeing the lines, shine a flashlight or other bright light onto the page to illuminate the cut paths.
- Count down on your mat to determine which set of lines has the best overlap. Use the drop-down menu to make your selection.
- Click "Continue".
- That's it! Your calibration is complete. Close the window to return to your Canvas and start making something amazing!