Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machines were designed to work with Design Space, our free, easy-to-use design software. But you can still use your Physical Cartridge content with these machines in Design Space. It's easy to link your cartridges to your account through Design Space using your Cricut Explore machine (Explore Air 2 or older) or a Cartridge Adapter. Follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Note: Cartridges cannot be linked through the Cricut Design Space iOS or Android app at this time. You will need to link your cartridges using Design Space on a laptop or desktop computer. For best results, please connect your machine to the computer via USB cable.
Note: Cricut Explore 3 and Cricut Maker machines do not have a cartridge port. If you have one of these machines and need to link cartridges to your account, use a Cartridge Adapter or contact Member Care for assistance.
- Sign in to Design Space on a Windows or Mac laptop or desktop computer.
- Ensure your Cricut Explore machine (Air 2 or older) is powered on and connected to your computer via USB cable, or insert the Cartridge Adapter into a USB port on your computer.
- Select Link Cartridges from the Account Menu in the upper left corner of Design Space.
- Select your device from the drop-down menu. Cartridge adapters will show up in the list as Adapter.
- When instructed, insert the cartridge into the cartridge port on the left side of the machine above the Open button, or plug your cartridge into the adapter. After a few moments, Design Space will detect the cartridge.
- When the cartridge has been detected, the Link Cartridge button will be enabled. Click the button to initiate the linking process.
- Design Space will alert you when the link is complete. Remove the cartridge from the machine or adapter. Then you can continue to link other cartridges, view your cartridges, or click the X in the upper right corner of the cartridge linking window to return to Home or Canvas.
Important: If you have already linked your cartridges to your account through the Cricut Craft Room software, they will automatically be available in your Design Space account. There is no need to relink them. If your cartridges are linked to a Cricut Gypsy mobile device, contact Member Care for assistance.
Note: Do not insert Cartridge Adapter into the USB port on Cricut Maker. That port is for charging devices only; it is not intended for data transfer. If you receive any errors when linking cartridges, follow the steps in this Troubleshooting Linking Cartridges Help article.