Cutting Cricut Stencil Vinyl with a Cricut Machine
- Place stencil material onto Cricut machine mat.
- Select and size images and load the mat into the machine.
- Refer to Stencil Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide below to adjust machine settings (a kiss cut goes through the stencil vinyl and leaves the liner intact.
- Press the flashing Go button.
Preparation with Cricut Transfer Tape
Tip: If your design is intricate, use Cricut Transfer Tape to transfer your design from the liner to your project surface.
- Remove negative pieces from images, leaving the liner intact. This process is called weeding. Using the weeding tool found in the Cricut Basic Tool Set or Weeding Tool Set can make this process faster and easier.
- Remove the Transfer Tape liner.
- Gently place the Transfer Tape (adhesive side down) over your images. To prevent bubbles, start in the center and move out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or a Cricut Scraper to burnish (rub or polish) the tape onto the vinyl.
- Peel away the vinyl liner at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl does not separate from the liner, simply burnish the Transfer Tape onto the vinyl and peel away again.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry. Carefully place the Transfer Tape with vinyl images onto your surface as you would like them to appear.
- Now burnish Transfer Tape onto the surface, starting in the center and moving out toward the edges. Use a craft stick or Cricut Scraper.
- Peel the Transfer Tape away from the vinyl at a 45-degree angle. If the vinyl sticks to the Transfer Tape, simply burnish the vinyl onto the surface again. Then continue to peel the Transfer Tape away from the vinyl.
- Paint or stain your project, applying additional coats as necessary. Remove Stencil Vinyl when your projects is dry.
Stencil Vinyl Kiss Cut Guide
|Machine||Blade Depth||Pressure||Speed||Multi-Cut||Blade Assembly|
|Cricut Expression 2||4||3||High||1||Fine-Point|
|Cricut Explore||Turn the Smart Set Dial to Custom. Select Browse all materials, then select Stencil Vinyl.||Premium Fine-Point|
|Cricut Maker||Select Browse all materials, then select Stencil Vinyl.||Premium Fine-Point|
Important: Results may vary. Always do a test cut to verify settings.