Edited: August 31, 2023
Follow the instructions below to cut and apply Cricut Joy Smart Label Writable Paper.
What you need
- Cricut Joy or Cricut Joy Xtra smart cutting machine
- Design Space software on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Joy Blade and Housing
- Cricut Joy Smart Label Writable Paper
- Cricut Joy Pens or Markers
Design and cut
- Customize your label design in Design Space. Use Attach to fasten Draw layers to Cut layers. Then select Make It.
- Select your material load style (Without Mat) and your specific material type.
Note: For the rollers to grip and load your material, Cricut Joy machines allow 1 in (2.5 cm) of space at the top of your design and 0.5 in (1.2 cm) at the bottom. To ensure you have enough Smart Materials for your design, wait until after the cut is complete to trim.
- Using both hands, insert material under guides. Continue feeding into machine until rollers grip material.
- For best results, make sure your material has a straight edge.
- Once machine senses materials under the rollers, it measures your material to ensure there's enough for your project.
- Leave 10 in (25.4 cm) of space behind your machine so materials have room to feed through.
- Smart Materials may bow in the middle when loading. If your material isn't lying flat by the end of the measuring process, select Unload in the software, then reload.
- For Cricut Joy Xtra, ensure the star wheels on the roller bar are evenly spaced across the roller bar rather than pushed to either side.
- The software will prompt you to load your pen, and again when it's time to insert your blade.
- Select Go and watch the magic happen!
- When cut is complete, select Unload.
- Allow ink to dry before handling.
Tip: Smart Materials must be at least 4 in (10.16 cm) long to use without a cutting mat with Cricut Joy, and at least 6 in (15.24 cm) long to use without a cutting mat with Cricut Joy Xtra. You can still use shorter by placing them on a StandardGrip Mat.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry.
- Peel labels from liner by hand and stick to project surface. Use care to avoid tearing.
Important: Do not use Transfer Tape with Smart Label Writable Paper as it may damage the label surface.
Note: Smart Label Writable Paper has permanent adhesive, which may leave residue upon removal from your surface.
Important: Not for use with printers.