For some issues, it may be necessary to uninstall the iOS app. However, if you have projects saved to your device that haven't been saved to the Cricut Cloud, uninstalling the app will also delete those projects and any images or fonts you have downloaded to the device.
Offloading the app instead will preserve your saved projects and downloaded images and fonts and will sometimes resolve a loading issue with the app.
Note: An internet connection is required for this process. This process will work for devices running iOS 11.3 or later.
- Select the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to find iPhone/iPad storage.
- Scroll down to find the Cricut Design app in the list and select it. It may take a few moments for the list to populate.
- Select Offload App and confirm the selection.
- Select Reinstall App.
- Open the app and attempt your project again.
- If this process did not help, remove the app from your app library, restart your device, and reinstall Design Space.
- If an issue persists beyond this point, contact Member Care for further assistance.
Note: Uninstalling Design Space will remove projects that you have not saved to the cloud. Uploaded images will not be lost through this process.