Follow the instructions below to cut and apply Cricut Joy Smart Label Writable Vinyl.
What you need
- Cricut Joy smart cutting machine
- Cricut Joy app, or Design Space software on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Joy Blade and Housing
- Cricut Joy Smart Label Writable Vinyl*
- Cricut Joy Pens or Markers
*Not compatible with Cricut Joy Gel Pens or Metallic Markers
Design and cut
- Customize your label design in the Cricut Joy app or Design Space. When using Design Space, use Attach to fasten Draw layers to Cut layers.
- Select your material load style (Without Mat) and your specific material type.
Note: For the rollers to grip and load your material, Cricut Joy allows 1 inch of space at the top of your design and 0.5 inches at the bottom. To ensure you have enough Smart Materials for your design, wait until after the cut is complete to trim.
- Using both hands, insert material under guides. Continue feeding into machine until rollers grip material.
- For best results, make sure your material has a straight edge.
- Once machine senses materials under the rollers, it measures your material to ensure there's enough for your project.
- Leave 10 inches of space behind your machine so materials have room to feed through.
- Smart Materials may bow in the middle when loading. If your material isn't lying flat by the end of the measuring process, select Unload in the software, then reload.
- The software will prompt you to load your pen, and again when it's time to insert your blade.
- Select Go and watch the magic happen!
- When cut is complete, select Unload.
- Allow ink to dry before handling.
Tip: Smart Materials must be at least 4 inches long to use without a cutting mat. You can still use shorter by placing them on a StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Make sure your project surface is clean and dry.
- Peel labels from liner by hand and stick to project surface. Use care to avoid tearing.
Important: Do not use Transfer Tape with Smart Label Writable Vinyl as it may damage the label surface.
Note: Smart Label Writable Vinyl has permanent adhesive, which may leave residue upon removal from your surface.
Important: Not for use with printers.