Follow the instructions below to cut and apply Smart Paper Sticker Cardstock.
What you need
- Cricut Joy smart cutting machine
- Design Space on computer or mobile device
- Cricut Joy Blade and Housing
- Cricut Smart Paper Sticker Cardstock
- Cricut Joy Pens or Markers (optional)
Design and cut
- Customize your design in the software, then select Make It.
- For Design Space projects that include drawing on shapes, use Attach to fasten Draw layers to the corresponding Cut layers.
- Select your material load style (Without Mat) and your specific material type.
Note: For the rollers to grip and load your material, Cricut Joy allows 1 inch (2.54 cm) of space at the top of your design, and 0.5 inches (1.27 cm) at the bottom. To ensure you have enough Smart Material for your design, wait until after the cut is complete to trim.
- Using both hands, insert material under guides. Continue feeding into machine until rollers grip material.
- For best results, make sure material has a straight edge.
- Once machine senses material under the rollers, it measures the material to ensure there's enough for your project.
- Leave 10 inches (0.25 m) of space behind your machine so material has room to feed through.
- Smart Materials may bow in the middle when loading. If your material isn't lying flat by the end of the measuring process, select Unload in the software, then reload.
- For projects that include drawing, the software will prompt you to load your pen, and again when it's time to insert your blade.
- Select Go and watch the magic happen!
- When your cut is complete, select Unload.
- If using pens or markers, allow ink to dry before handling.
Tip: Smart Materials must be at least 4 inches (10.16 cm) long to use without a cutting mat. You can still use shorter by placing them on a StandardGrip Mat.
Peel cut from liner by hand and apply to your project.
Important: Smart Paper Sticker Cardstock can be applied to a variety of non-textured paper stock, such as Deluxe Paper, Kraft Paper, and smooth cardstock. It is not recommended for use on glass, plastics, textured papers.
Tip: Smart Paper Sticker Cardstock may be repositioned within a few seconds if applied lightly