My Cricut BrightPad won’t turn on
- Ensure the unit is correctly plugged into a power outlet. Check that:
- Power cord is securely fitted into USB port or wall adapter
- Wall adapter is securely in power outlet, or USB port is receiving power (i.e. computer USB port)
- Try a different USB A to Micro USB cord and/or wall adapter to be sure it’s not the cord or wall adapter causing malfunction.
- If trying an alternative USB cord or wall adapter does not help, and you have ensured the power source is functioning properly, contact Member Care for assistance.
Cricut BrightPad Go
- Battery may be completely depleted. Plug Cricut BrightPad Go into a power outlet using the USB cable and wall adapter included in the box. You can also plug it in to a computer via USB, or use another standard USB wall adapter that can accept 100-240V ~50/60Hz 0.25A and provides an output of 5.0v 1amp (1000mA).
Note: Cricut BrightPad Go can be using while charging. Normal charge time will be extended if in use while charging.
- If Cricut BrightPad Go doesn’t turn on when charged, or when connected to power, contact Member Care for assistance.
There is no change in the brightness level when I press the +/- or power button(s)
If the brightness level doesn't change when you press the appropriate button, contact Member Care for assistance.
My +/- or power button is stuck
Try manipulating the button by pressing it around the edges to encourage it to release. If this does not help, contact Member Care for assistance.
I have lost the wall adapter and/or power cord for my Cricut BrightPad
In place of an adapter, the power cord included with all Cricut BrightPad models may be inserted into a computer USB port for power, or into any standard mobile device wall adapter with the following specifications: USB A, 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.25A Max, with an output of 5.0v 1 amp (1000mA)
If the power/charging cable is lost, it can be replaced by any common USB A to Micro USB cable.