Firmware updates ensure your Cricut EasyPress 2 has the latest-and-greatest feature enhancements.
What you need
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Windows or Mac computer with these system requirements
- Micro-USB data cable
Important: One end of the cable will have the USB Type A connector, the other end has the USB Micro B connector, which is flatter, narrower, and slightly tapered. A compatible cable comes with many mobile devices, so you may already have one you can use. The cable must be capable of data transfer.
How to update
1. Go to cricut.com/setup on a Windows or Mac computer and select Cricut EasyPress 2.
2. Sign in with your Cricut ID and password. If you don’t yet have a Cricut ID, create one to continue.
Note: To create a Cricut account, follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the Design Space plugin.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to get Cricut EasyPress 2 connected.
4. The site will take a few moments to detect your machine, then provide instructions for putting your machine into firmware update mode.
Note: Depending on which firmware version your machine has, it may enter firmware mode automatically a few seconds after the site detects the machine. You may see the screen above momentarily before the screen advances to the next step. Simply select Update to continue.
5. The update will begin and you can watch the progress bar as the update proceeds. The machine will beep near the end of the update.
6. And that's it! Your Cricut EasyPress 2 has successfully updated to the latest firmware. Select Done to open the Cricut EasyPress Heat Transfer Guide or select the X in the upper right corner to close the screen.
Note: When you select the X to close the screen, you'll be in Design Space. Browse through all the fun projects you can make with your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine or sign out through the account menu (three stacked lines) in the upper left corner.
"No Cricut device found" or numbered error messages while attempting to update Cricut EasyPress 2 firmware most often occur when:
- The Micro-USB cable being used is not capable of data transfer
- The Micro-USB cable is not securely fitted into the USB ports
Perform these steps to resolve this issue:
- Ensure the USB cable is securely fitted into the Cricut EasyPress 2 USB port and the computer USB port.
- Try connecting to a different USB port on the computer.
- Use a different Micro-USB cable that is capable of data transfer, such as the one that comes with many mobile devices for completing device updates.
If you are experiencing any other error, or the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact Member Care through one of the options below for assistance.